Wednesday, December 28, 2011

teh list!!!1! (old)

last updated 12-11-14
 I have found that, despite having a running list of things I mean to get around to acquiring eventually, when people ask what I want for gifts or I decide to treat myself to a material item, I always go completely blank. This is intended to be a more-or-less updated list of Stuff I Currently Want.

Items with two stars are high priority / wanted lots. Items with no stars are things I'm iffier on.

Furniture:
- cat furniture
- new bathroom shelves 

Clothing:
I am generally a US size 4 and shoe size 10, but sadly this will vary as clothes are unpredictably sized
I also need to add to this list, as my wardrobe definitely requires some work. For general style pointers, please check out my pinterest at pinterest.com/unquinnish.

- Born boots and shoes
- Re-mix shoes
- gray Heyday trousers
- **high-waisted jeans
- Esther Williams swimsuit
- *trench coat

Household Items:
- ** unscented Febreze
- knife block
- kitchenaide or Sunbeam mixer
- a big wood or bamboo cutting board or two
- * fox doormat
- hand food processor
- ** razai quilt
- breadbox
-  wall-mount wine rack (like this)
- wall-mount spice rack
- spice jar setup
- **clock which projects time onto ceiling
- **mortar & pestle; porcelain or marble or granite or something hard
- *spice grinder
- **kitchen scale
- *spaetzle maker
- pasta press

Cookbooks:
- **Mourad: New Moroccan by Mourad Lahlou
Balaboosta by Einat Admony
A World of Dumplings: Filled Dumplings, Pockets and Little Pies from Around the Globe by Brian Yarvin

Other Books:
- * Sex at Dawn: The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality by Christopher Ryan and Cacilda Jetha
- * Pink and Blue by Jo B. Paoletti
- * The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- * Debt: The First 5,000 Years by David Graeber
- * Marriage, A History: How Love Conquered Marriage by Stephanie Coontz
- Over Here!: New York City During World War II by Lorraine B. Diehl
- Helluva Town: The Story of New York City During World War II by Richard Goldstein
- New York in the Forties by Andreas Feininger
- New York in the Thirties (Formerly Titled: Changing New York,) by Berenice Abbott
- Eleusis: Archetypal Image of Mother and Daughter by Carl Kerenyi and Ralph Manheim
- One Day I Will Write About This Place by Binyavanga Wainaina

Art Supplies:
details forthcoming
-  more acrylic paints (colors and preferred brands TBD)
-  larger wrapped canvasses (largest I have are 16x20)
- swanky easel with a drawer
- better paintbrushes
- letterpress
- wood burning kit
- reclaimed lumber
- 15 or 20 whirly hanging candleholders
-  Ticonderoga colored checking pencils with eraser, assorted set

Electronics & Accessories:
- Macbook Air
- extra macbook charger(s)

Tools:
- wood stain remover

Cosmetics:
If you're interested in getting me bath or body items, I like scents which are fresh, like ginger and citrus. I also like spicy in small doses - clove, cinnamon, black pepper, that sort of thing. I can't do florals, and they tend to turn powdery on me. I can't stand 'powdery' scents. I'm allergic to rose and to cherry blossom. I really hate anything which smells sweet - whether it's supposed to smell sweet or not (too many lemon things are ruined that way, oi!).  I like bath oils and salts - things which affect the texture of bathwater - but not so much bubbles or foams.
A note on Origins: I love Origins, and their Ginger is my scent - it's the perfume I wear most regularly. I love it, and have matched the scent palette of my other hygiene products to work with it. I'm intrigued by a few more of their products but haven't tried them yet - like the shampoo and the balm. Basically, I will be happy with anything you get from them which is Ginger, or anything which they recommend for someone with dry, sensitive skin, who is prone to a lazy skincare regime and needs to be whipped into shape. Additionally, please order any Origins products from the SoHo store at 212-219-9764. Melonie helped me there in May and was AMAZING, and they will ship. They also have my products on file.
- Coty translucent loose face powder in old-style tin (they recently changed the packaging)
- * Realize Hydra-dose face moisturizer
- Aveda Smooth Infusion glossing straightener lotion
- Pretty Feet & Hands rough skin remover
- Origins Ginger Hug bath soak
- Origins Ginger body oil
- * Origins Ginger body scrub
- Origins Ginger perfume, roll-on or spritzer

Sex Toys:
- Siri
- cane
- crop

Things I am attempting to make/procure myself:
- *headboard
- *bed, with shelving underneath

Things I Still Want But Don't Have Space For Now:
- 2 big squishy cozy club chairs, one whiskey leather and one fabric (like this or this or the top row of these)
30" copper fire dish
- wooden flat file / tobacco/map cabinet (something like this or this or this (only larger))
- adjustable stool on wheels for massage work
- a big old bathtub
 

No comments:

Post a Comment